JOIN THE BURFORD THEATRE AS A VOLUNTEER!
Volunteers are an important aspect of the Burford Theatre. Concerts, special events, movies, and community productions are all a part of the volunteer experience. There are many opportunities to help the Burford Theatre with a variety of events and times! All ages are welcome to participate in our volunteer program.
Various orientations and training sessions will be held throughout the year and is required before participation can begin.
• Standing for long periods of time (up to 4 hours)
• Bending over to pick items up off the floor
WHAT DO THEATRE VOLUNTEERS DO?
• Carry out all Theatre policies
• Take tickets
• Hand out programs and other printed materials
• Usher patrons to their seats
• Be alert for any disturbance or emergency
• Direct patrons to restrooms
• Perform a light clean up after the show
• Set examples of good theatre etiquette
• Enjoy the benefits of teamwork
• Take the extra step to provide excellent customer service
• Assist as needed with special events
• Demonstrate a willingness to learn all aspects of your position
• Follow instructions from the Volunteer Coordinator and Director of the Burford Theatre
• Remember, you are here to serve our patrons needs. If you want to watch a particular performance, you should buy a ticket to ensure you enjoy the entire performance.
Please make sure you read over these requirements. If you are able to manage these requirements, we welcome your assistance! Our volunteers’ contribution of time and energy is an important aspect in the operations of the Burford Theatre and help provide our patrons with a positive theatre experience.
All volunteers will receive a monthly email of upcoming volunteer opportunities. In addition, volunteers will also receive the following benefits:
•One time a year, receive an invitation to our Volunteer Appreciation Night.
• For each show or activity you volunteer, 2 vouchers can be redeemed within the year for free tickets to an event. Mo
Ready to volunteer? Simply call the Theatre to sign up!