home of the historic World War II popcorn machine
Our Mission Statement:
Our mission is to benefit the area community by serving as a catalyst and partner to enrich lives through the arts, to inspire creative thinking, and to transform the Burford Theatre Complex into a community keystone and center for the arts.
July 2 – Liberty, Justice, and Sparklers For All – A Burford Singers Concert – Tickets available now!
- Join us at the Burford on Saturday, July 2 at 7:00pm for an evening of patriotic music from the Burford Singers, with special appearances by the children’s choir, Prairie Voices! Burford Singers is a choral ensemble under the direction of John Dalton-White. Singers are from the Cowley County community and have been hard at work rehearsing some beautiful & fun selections for this special Americana concert. Prairie Voices is a children’s choir under the direction of Gia Watson, and they will join in with a few selections as well. We’ll have a meal of hotdogs, chips, and water available for $5.00, and the concession stand and bar will be open as well.
July 23 – Whiskey River Band Concert – Tickets available now!
- Whiskey River Band is coming to the Burford Theatre in Ark City! This is going to be a very special night for the Burford and the Whiskey River Band, come see and hear the history of how a couple of hometown guys, Joel Day, and Monty Coble have stuck together playing music since the 1980’s! It will be a fun evening filled with great music and some great memories! This concert is part of the VJ Wilkins Concert Series. Doors will open at 7:00pm, show starts at 8:00pm.
July 28-30 – Schoolhouse Rock LIVE! Jr. – Tickets available now!
- Kids Act Camp with Ms. Gia has been working hard on their production of SCHOOLHOUSE ROCK LIVE! JR. coming up Thursday July 28 and Friday July 29 at 7:00pm, and Saturday July 30 at 2:00pm. Based on the ever-popular, award-winning 1970s cartoons, this fast-paced musical teaches lessons with clever, catchy tunes. You won’t want to miss it! This year’s Kids Act Camp is sponsored by the Warrender Trust.
- Get Thursday Tickets Here!
- Get Friday Tickets Here!
- Get Saturday Tickets Here!
Kids Summer Day Camps
Janet Davidson, Director of Child Care and Development/Early Childhood Education at Cowley College, and her students have been hard at work preparing a total of 8 different day camps this summer! Each camp is intended for children ages 7-14, and registration is $25 per child, per camp. Registration is still open online and in the main office. There are scholarships available for these camps. Please inquire in our main office at 112 S Summit, 620-442-5895, firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn more about each camp, and to register online, please visit our Summer Day Camps page!
Ms. Gia’s Summer Classes & Theatre Camps
Ms. Gia is excited to announce this summer’s show: SCHOOL HOUSE ROCK LIVE, JR.! It will be a classic show to make you sing along, with some new twists! Her June classes are getting twist too! She’s expanding the creative writing class “Let’s Write a Play” to include songwriting and mixing it up to create “Let’s Write a Musical.” And that’s not all! “Let’s Dance” will explore characters, stage presence, and how to learn and retain choreography. Registration for all classes and camps will open on May 2. The deadline for June classes is June 2, and the deadline for July camp enrollment is June 27. You can register with Ms. Gia directly or through the Burford Theatre Arts Office. The cost is $25/class, with $5 off each additional class when you sign up for 2 or more in the same month. To learn more about each camp, please visit Ms. Gia’s Summer Classes & Theatre Camps page!
2022 V.J. Wilkins Concert Series
We’re excited to share the line up in our 2022 Concert Series sponsored by the VJ Wilkins Foundation. This list is still growing, so check back for updates.
February 19, 2022 – Across the Pond Concert
May 13, 2022 – The Bellamy Brothers Concert (Opener: Steel Skarecrow)
July 23, 2022 – Whiskey River Band Concert – Tickets available now!
August 27, 2022 – The Astronauts Concert – Tickets available soon
October 6, 2022 – Big Head Todd and the Monsters – Tickets available now!
October 30, 2022 – Aaron Watson Concert (Opener: Mike Love) – Tickets available now!
November 5, 2022 – EPIC Concert – Tickets available soon
December 17, 2022 – The Aerotones Big Band Concert – Tickets available soon
PURCHASE TICKETS HERE
BEWARE of online ticket resellers who are offering tickets to Burford events at INFLATED prices. This is the official website of Burford Theatre Arts, and the only official online ticket outlet for our events is HomeTown Ticketing.
August 19-20 – Ark Valley Players presents: Cotton Patch Gospel by Tom Key and Russel Treyz, with music and lyrics by Harry Chapin. Directed by Dejon Ewing.
September 6-10 – Missoula Children’s Theatre at the Burford – More information coming soon!
September 10 – Ballet in the Park at Wilson Park – More information coming soon!
September 11 – Red Carpet Burford Fever – our annual fundraising event
November 18-19 – Ark Valley Players presents: Amahl & the Night Visitors, an opera in one act by Gian Carlo Menotti. Directed by Nick Albrecht
February 10-11, 2023 – Ark Valley Players presents: Love Letters, a play by A. R. Gurney. Directed by Yazmin Wood.
March 31-April 1, 2023 – BisonBison Film Festival – Learn more here!
May 26-27, 2023 – Ark Valley Players presents: Star Spangled Girl, a hilarious comedy by Neil Simon. Directed by Dejon Ewing.
Rent our Marquee!
We want to hear from you! Please fill out a survey here!
View our promotional video!